The Marine Institute and Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland are committed to providing information and services that are fully accessible to people with disabilities.
The following access keys are used on the website:
- Accessibility statement (0)
- Skip to content (S)
- Home Page (1)
Page layout and navigation
Most pages on the website are structured as follows:
- Main Navigation: Links to the main sections of the web site (Home, Maps, Publications, Data, Real-Time, Search, About, Contact, Test Facilities, Environment & Planning, Research, Supply Chain, Enterprise Development and Grid).
- Bread Crumb Trail: states where you are on the website now and provides a trail of links from there to the Home Page.
- Spoke Navigation: When you select a category in the main navigation spoke wheel the site shall access the Level 2 page content.
- Content: The main content for each page at Level 2 and Level 3 is structured with tabbed interfaces with descriptive text, an interactive map and a collection of cover flow galleries which can include maps, videos, images, publications, projects, organisations and observations.
- Social Media Links: Share this page on Facebook, Share this page on Twitter, Share this page on LinkedIn, Share this page on Google+ and Send this page by Email.
The Marine Institute and Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland are committed to maintaining this website in accordance with priority 1 and 2 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and the Irish National Disability Authority Guidelines for Web Accessibility. Work on compliance with these guidelines is ongoing, so while all new content should be compliant, some older content may not adhere to these standards at the moment.
The website uses structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 and H3 tags for subtitles.
The website uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. This ensures that content is perfectly linearised and improves performance on a wide range of browsers and other user agents.
To help deliver and maintain an accessible website, the Marine Institute has published internal guidelines to guide web administrators and authors in the creation of accessible web content.